Tuesday, January 5, 2010

My Wish

I've always wanted to be more creative. More hands one. One of those moms that makes cupcakes for her kids' classroom. And the cutest dresses for her daughter. But I'm not. :(

I'm more of the "left brain" kind of a person. I like to read about science. I find myself stealing Patrick's medical journals to read them. When we first had kids, I wanted to be the "crafty mom." But I had no idea how to do many crafts. Lola, a dear friend of ours, used to watch our kids for us. She would craft all day with Ethan and Madelyn. They would make cards, necklaces, you name it, they made it!

I can barely organize a craft session with the kids. But Patrick and I want them to have this creative center as well. We buy lots of crayons, paints, paper, glue, etc. And we just let the kids go crazy. They have a blast! Making pictures to send to Patrick. Or artwork for our house.

But I still want to be a crafty little bug. And I begged my husband for a sewing machine. He did not disappoint. On Christmas morning, I got a sewing machine with all the bells and whistles. I also got all the sewing gadgets you could imagine. With a $200 gift card to JoAnn's.

My poor sewing machine has sat under the Christmas tree since Christmas morning. (Yes, we still have our decorations up!) While Ethan and Madelyn are at school. And Logan and Daniella are sleeping, I figured I would search for a sewing blog. Low and behold, I found the most amazing site. I just had to click on the link in a friend's blog. I found Grosgrain. Talk about talent! Now I'm inspired all over again!!! I just need to get busy. I should probably start by taking the sewing machine out of the box. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment